Did you ever wonder why so many children who were raised in solid Christian families have left the faith? They didn’t just “go into the world.” They were actively proselytized and converted into another religion. Let’s take a look at this other religion and its many denominations. This will help us get our children back!
Did you know that the United States has a national religion? Forget about separation of church and state. America has a religion established and supported by our government.
In the public schools there’s a joining of church and state. Our K-12 schools and State Universities are publicly funded “churches” of Secular Humanism that actively proselytize young people into atheistic evolution-based secularism. Secularism is the de-facto national religion of America.
When I was a Kid, I took a Turn Toward Hell
I should know this because I was converted to secularism in a public school at the age of 10. I was taught atheistic evolution and I bought it hook line and sinker. I went from devout Catholic to secular bad boy in a public school. It nearly ruined my life. It set me on the road to damnation. Atheistic secular humanism set my compass towards confusion, drugs, delinquency and despair for years until I met Christ during my second year of college at the age of 20.
Many observers have said that a large percentage of Christian children lose their faith during college. However, many now believe that high school is really the prime time of teachable moments regarding faith in Christ or rejection of Christ. In my case I was converted to secularism long before high school. I lost my faith in the secular public school, K-12, slaughterhouse of the mind. I got my faith back while in college thanks to the witnessing of faithful Christians.
Secularism Has Several “Denominations”
I throw around the term “secularism” but secularism is composed of several subsets of religion. And I do regard secularism as a religion.
1) Secularism is composed of Secular Humanism which basically is the worship of human beings as the highest beings in the universe.
2) Secularism is also self-ism. Self-ism is a religion of exaltation of self. It’s looking out for number one. It’s the pursuit of “self actualization.” It’s like the epicureans of ancient Greece whose philosophy emphasized the pursuit of pleasure.
3) There’s also postmodernism which is moral relativism where each person makes up their own morals and they deny the existence of absolute truth. What’s absolute truth? It’s morals that apply to all people in all cultures at all times throughout all the earth. The Ten Commandments are an example of absolute truth. Secularists devalue or deny the Ten Commandments, especially the 6th, 7th, 8th and 9th commandments.
3) This one may surprise you, secularism is liberal protestantism in which secular people hang on to some sort of a vague belief in God but deny the authority of divine revelation contained in the Bible.
4) And I’ll throw in another one and that one is UFO-ology. This is something that ensnares many techies, nerds and geeks. UFOs and UFO cults are big news. Several TV shows promote UFOs and UFO-ology. Many Christian authors have warned against UFOs in books and articles.
UFOs are real but they’re not metal spaceships from other planets. They’re actually spiritual manifestations from other dimensions. This is called the interdimensional view of UFOs. Christian UFO-ologists and even many secular observers believe that the UFO manifestations are from other dimensions. UFOs are from the realm of spirit, not from other planets. Many of the aliens bring communication of false doctrine and strange religions. UFO cults are demonic. The demonic UFOs are fallen angels. They are demons that bring deception and false teaching.
So you see there are many roads to damnation. Jesus spoke about this in The Sermon on the Mount: “Enter by the narrow gate; for the gate is wide, and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and many are those who enter in by it. For the gate is small, and the way is narrow that leads to life, and few are those who find it” (Matthew 7:13-14 NASB)..
Secularism has been called the most intolerant religion in the world. We see this in cancel culture and wokeism in the United States. We see Americans censoring other Americans through big tech. The old Soviet Union was a radical secular nation that outlawed Christianity and murdered tens of millions of its own citizens.
We’ve seen secularism being extremely intolerant in communist countries such as communist China, communist Venezuela, communist Cuba and communist Cambodia. When secularism has been applied to politics in a radical way it’s been extremely intolerant.
Prodigals and Conventionals
I met a woman who was a long time member of a good evangelical church. She told me that she has four children and all four left the Christian faith and were apparently seduced by the government sponsored secular cult they learned in public school. How do we get them back? By prayer? Of course we pray for them. We must also show them what secularism really is and we show them that Christianity is a far better lifestyle that gives lasting joy into eternity. We show them the folly of the path they’ve chosen and gently lead them to the true path; the way of redemption through Christ.
I’ve noticed in my own family that where there’s two sons, one son is a prodigal and the other son is a conventional. A “conventional” is a son who leads a plain, straight life, gets educated, gets a good job, gets married and has kids right away. A prodigal is a son who gets ensnared in secularism or who joins the circus or the French Foreign Legion or a cult or gets involved with any number of avant-garde things.
My parents had two sons. My father’s two brothers each had two sons. My dad’s sister had two sons. One of my mother’s brothers had two sons. In each case one was a conventional and one was a prodigal. I’ve noticed the same pattern among their daughters but not as pronounced. They’ll have one daughter who’s a prodigal and the other daughter or daughters are conventionals. It’s interesting the way it unfolded in my family and I’ve seen it in other families too.
All Religions Must Answer Five Basic Questions
The five questions are:
1) Where did I come from? (origins)
2) Why am I here? (purpose)
3) How should I behave? (morality)
4) How do I deal with failure? (sin)
5) Where am I going? (destiny)
Secularism Gives Hopeless Answers
Secularism answers the questions:
1) Where do I come from? The foundational dogma of secularism is Darwinian evolution. They claim that life formed by itself, by accident from the primordial ooze in the early earth. Secularists basically claim that human beings evolved from pond scum. It’s from goo to you by way of the zoo! Carl Sagan claimed that the material world is all there is. They claim that humans have no souls.
2) Why am I here? The secularist provides no compelling basis for purpose or meaning in life. What possible purpose or meaning to life could there be in an accidental universe with no God and no hope for life after death?
3) How should I behave? Secularists offer no religious or philosophical basis for absolute truth or absolute morals so they end up in moral relativism. A materialistic universe has no God or divinely given morals such as the Ten Commandments.
4) How do I deal with failure? Secularism’s answer is that there really is no failure. In an accidental, meaningless universe nothing matters so there’s no right or wrong; there’s no good or evil; just do whatever you please and when you die, the lights go out.
5) Where am I going? Secularism’s answer is you just rot in your grave. All of your hopes and dreams; all of your life lessons learned; all of your love and pain and pleasure all just evaporate in an afterlife that has no conscious existence.
Christianity Gives Rational Answers to All Questions
Christianity answers the questions:
1) Where do I come from? God created us in His image. We are not animals formed by accident, therefore human life is sacred and we have great value and dignity.
2) Why am I here? You’re here to know God and to enjoy him forever. Our purpose is to serve and glorify God. We serve our fellow human beings who are loved by God.
3) How should I behave? We behave according to God’s commands given by revelation in the Bible. God’s laws are far wiser than manmade laws.
4) How should I deal with failure? Repent of your sins and receive forgiveness through Christ who died for your sins.
5) Where am I going? If you received forgiveness of sins through Christ, you will have a wonderful conscious existence in heaven for all eternity.
Many people have been seduced into secularism and have experienced it’s emptiness and nihilism. They have come to the end of themselves. They’re taking a new look at Christianity and see God’s answers to the basic questions about the purpose of life. They also see that Christianity is backed up by miracles, signs and wonders. Jesus came in fulfillment of over 300 prophecies written in the Old Testament. He worked miracles in front of eyewitnesses. Miracles of supernatural healing still occur today among the followers of Christ in answer to Christian prayer.
It was prophesied centuries before the coming of Jesus Christ that He would come to suffer and die and take the penalty of our sins upon Himself. “All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all” (Isaiah 53:6). You can receive the free gift of forgiveness of sins if you turn to Christ in repentance and ask to receive Him into your heart. Christ will give you power, by His Holy Spirit, to do what is right and live in obedience to God. You will enter into heaven in the afterlife. I invite you to turn to Christ today to receive forgiveness of sins.
Steps to salvation:
Jesus said “Ye must be born again” (John 3:7).
Prayer to receive salvation:
“Whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved” (Romans 10:13).
To receive the salvation that Jesus purchased for us at the terrible cost of His suffering and death on our behalf I invite you to pray this simple prayer:
“Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for sending Jesus, the promised Messiah, to die for my sins. I admit that I am a sinner. I repent of my sins and I ask for your forgiveness on the basis of the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. I ask you to fill me with your Holy Spirit to empower me to serve you under the Lordship of Jesus Christ, Amen.”
If you prayed this prayer in the humble sincerity of your heart then you have received everlasting life, which includes power to live right in this life and entrance into heaven in the afterlife!